Our 2017 Beneficiaries
This year, we are proud to be focusing our efforts to benefit children and schools affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
We have partnered with Books Between Kids-- a local Houston charity-- to provide replacement school supplies and books to six elementary schools that were significantly damaged. Books can be powerful tools for returning comfort, joy, and normalcy after an experience like this. Your financial support will help us to put books back into the hands of the young students.
The PEACE Fund and PEACE Fund Radio have long histories in supporting education initiatives. The recovery from the Hurricanes will be a marathon, not a sprint. We are dedicated to continuing to find ways to that we can help in what will be a very long-term recovery.
Please continue to follow The PEACE Fund and PEACE Fund Radio to hear how we can all work together to help those in need.
Hurricanes Harvey & Irma Relief
CAUSE: HURRICANE RELIEF & EDUCATION SUPPORT
Together we can help these children. The Peace Fund has started our effort by partnering with Books Between Kids, to supply books and school supplies to children who have lost everything. Books Between Kids is a non-profit organization founded in 2012 to serve Houston's low income students by providing them with books to build their own home libraries. About 85% of Houston ISD’s elementary-aged children live at or below the poverty line. Since 2012, Books Between Kids has distributed almost 700,000 books. In May 2016, over 250,000 books went home with more than 36,000 students in 59 Houston ISD elementary schools and early childhood centers.
The Peace Fund's Interactive Storytelling Program
CAUSE: LITERACY & EDUCATION
- 45% of children in low-income households have no age-appropriate books.
- 85% of juvenile offenders have reading problems.
- 66% of schools and programs cannot afford to buy books at retail prices.
- The future of an uneducated 8 or 9 year old is bleak.
peace fund radio
- Philanthropic organizations lack interconnection with communities.
- 65% of donors don't research before donating.
- The public is unaware of which charities make the most difference.
- The average non-profit organization spends no more than 10% on marketing.